The Payroll Giving Quality Mark is a government-supported accreditation which recognises and rewards organisations of all sizes for making payroll giving available to their employees.
There are five levels of Quality Mark – standard, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Each level recognises a certain minimum employee participation rate and amount of employer support. Holders of the mark will receive a certificate and a logo to use on company materials.
Standard – any employee participation
Bronze – at least 1% employee participation
Silver – at least 5% employee participation
Gold – at least 10% employee participation plus the employer must either pay the Payroll Giving Agency administration charge, match donations or demonstrate that they have carried out an active promotion of Payroll Giving during the previous year.
Platinum – employers must have achieved the Gold Quality Mark for at least one year prior and demonstrated their support by completing at least one task from both of the following sections in the last 12 months:
- Existing Gold Mark holders – achieved at least 20% employee participation *
- Existing Platinum Mark holders – achieved an overall increase in value of donations or number of donors on previous year.
- Actively encouraged pensioners (past employees) to continue to use Payroll Givingg
- Used volunteers or past employees to promote Payroll Giving to current staff
- Provided evidence of an active promotion that encouraged clients and customers to use Payroll Giving
- Introduced (and signed-up) a minimum of five new employers to Payroll Giving (evidenced through relevant PGAs)
- Publically demonstrated commitment to Payroll Giving through use of the Payroll Giving and Quality Mark logos on letterhead, websites and other promotional materials
- Demonstrated effective use of the induction and/or review process to introduce staff to Payroll Giving.
How to apply:
Each Payroll Giving Agency will monitor their clients’ employee participation rates, help identify for which Quality Mark an employer is eligible and issue the certificate and logo.
Quality Mark deadline – 31st May 2017
Distribution of the Quality Marks – Sent direct from your Payroll Giving Agency in July & August 2017